Food Bank

  • Print

 What Is the Food Bank?

The Food Bank is a mission of the Cavanaugh Church established in 1997 as a community service. Money and food from the church and individual members provide the basic support.

Funds are used to purchase food and supplies, primarily food items from the RiverValley Regional Food Bank, WalMart, & Little Debbie Store. We are also a distributor of government commodities. Food is boxed and distributed monthly to individuals and families that can demonstrate need and those who qualify by government financial requirements may receive USDA commodities.

There are no overhead charges because several volunteers utilizing the church’s facilities run the program.


How You Can Help

  • Funds – Individuals or groups can make tax-deductible contributions directly to the Food Bank through Cavanaugh Church. Checks can be made out to Cavanaugh Church with a note designating the funds for the Food Bank.

  • Food – To drop off non-perishable food at Cavanaugh Church, please call the church office in advance to arrange the delivery.

  • Volunteers – Help is always needed. Join us in picking up, bagging, and distributing the food. Please call or e-mail the church for further information.


Distribution Dates

Food is distributed each Monday from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.

Families in need can be helped once a month with groceries. A Picture ID is required at the distribution.

For more info, contact church office at (479) 646-2806 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



We are a USDA distribution site.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.